2021 Virtual Cargo Tank Test & Inspection Workshops
Select A Workshop:
All Cargo Tank Test & Inspection Workshops are sold out. More dates coming soon.
Cargo Tank Test & Inspection Workshops have now gone virtual. NTTC’s has expanded Tank Truck University to offer the Cargo Tank Test & Inspection Workshops virtually throughout 2021. NTTC The virtual workshops are led by industry and hazmat specialist Art Fleener. These workshops are designed to help cargo tank repair technicians, testers, and inspectors comply with current regulations – whether as a bulk carrier or as a commercial repair facility. Each workshop focuses on compliance with USDOT’s cargo tank qualification and maintenance regulations found in 49 CFR Parts 107 and 180.Topics to be covered in the workshop include:
- Overview of 49 CFR Part 180
- Special test/inspection conditions
- External visual inspections
- Internal visual inspections
- Pressure tests
- Leakage tests
- Thickness tests
- Lining inspections
- DOT Interpretations
- Compliance dates/tank markings
- Record keeping requirements
- Cargo tank repair and retrofitting
- Compliance and enforcement issues
- Registration procedures for test/inspection facilities
- History/Background of 49 CFR Parts 107 & 180 (HM-183 and HM-213)
- Qualifications of Registered Inspectors, Design Certifying Engineers & Authorized Inspectors
The virtual workshops will be held via GoToMeeting, a web-based platform that will allow attendees to view our Instructor and ask questions via chat box or using their microphone. Workbooks will be mailed to attendees at the shipping address given during registration along with certificates following completion of the course. The course will be held over 3 days for 5 hours a day with a lunch break for a total of 15 hours.
Attendance will be taken each day. Attendees will have support throughout the workshop via phone and email. To receive a certificate of compliance attendees must have access to a computer with a working webcam and audio. Please direct any questions and inquiries to me via phone or email.
Registration is limited. Cost per attendee is $475 for NTTC members and $575 for NTTC non-members.
Virtual Cargo Tank Test & Inspection Workshop
In partnership with: